Sunday 16 June 2013

A Weekend in Havana.






I'm going to hold Carmen Miranda responsible for my fixation with Brazilian/Mexican/Spanish fillies. After all, Carmen was the Lady who introduced me to the world of dressing up. You see, I love a woman who can keep one entertained with an outfit without even having to open her mouth.





As I was adding the finishing flourishes to the days hairstyle, I found myself glancing over at the Pin Up I had stuck to my mirror. I studied the sequins stitched to the frills of her dress, the elaborate floral earrings and the roses that complimented her dark curls. I couldn't help but feel inspired to dress like a SeƱorita for the weekend.













Sequinned bull fighter circle skirt and green carved wedges. The perfect ensemble for sipping Margaritas on the patio. I'm in the mood for making Burritos....


I sewed pom poms onto my black gypsy style dress and wore loosely off my shoulder, clipped on earrings a flamenco dancer would be proud of and sat within the flowers.




A weekend in Havana was so very enjoyable, I shall return very soon!

Love as always, Lucille xx

10 comments:

  1. Love your outfits your hair is incredible thanks for sharing such pretty pretty pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spanish Senorita & Havana Chic suits you so well! Love it :)

    I'm loving gypsy tops, adding pom poms is so fab and I am totally loving your earrings!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful outfits! What an absolutely fabulous idea to sip on Margaritas and wear Mexican/Spanish inspired outfits for the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gypsy tops! Yours is wonderful, especially now with the pompoms! Very beautiful look, made me inspired :)

    Yours sincerely,
    Sarah DeLicatease from Ladylike Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous interpretation! The pompoms are the perfect cherry on top! I need to get a sewing machine so I can start improvising on my gear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the strawberry blonde in your hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bea-u-tiful! Love that skirt and the pompoms are perfection! ;)
    ~xoxo, CoriLynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have got a mexican fixation at the moment too... i love the double pom pom trim... i might have to 'borrow' that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pompoms are super cool!!! You look awesome!

    Un laptop second hand este o achizitie benefica si extrem de utila, mai ales pentru studenti

    ReplyDelete